In order to enroll in a university in Indonesia, international students must first obtain a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) from YARSI University and gather the required entry documents. In order to study for a degree in Indonesia, the students must obtain a C316 visa from the Directorate General of Immigration of the Republic of Indonesia. Except in extraordinary circumstances, all international students must first get a study permit from Indonesia’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology before submitting a visa application.
The information contained in this website is based on information on (https://studyinindonesia.kemdikbud.go.id/) updated on April 13, 2023.”
- OBTAINING A STUDY PERMIT
Before applying for a permit, all overseas students must get a Letter of Acceptance from YARSI University.
- Requirements for a new study permit
- Letter of Acceptance (LoA) from YARSI University
- Scan of passport (all pages). Example
- Color photograph (formal with a red or blue background). Example
- Scan of Latest Academic Transcription and Diploma. Example
- Scan of the health certificate (no older than 30 days)
- Scan of Letter of Financial Support. Example
- Scan of the Letter of Compliance with the Regulations of Indonesia. Example
- The students submit all the required documents to the Office for International Affairs of YARSI University by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject STUDYPRERMIT_YOUR NAME_FACULTY (for example, STUDYPERMIT CLARISSAJOE ECONOMY).
- The Office for International Affairs will complete the remainder of the required documents.
- The Office for International Affairs will help students apply for a Study Permit to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Once the Study Permit is approved, the Office for International Affairs will send the students a copy of the letter.
- Extension of Study Permit
- All requirements are the same as those in point 1 (Requirements of New Study Permit) + Scan of Temporary Stay Permit (ITAS), Latest Semester Academic Transcript, and Certificate of Good Conduct or Police Clearance Certificate (SKCK).
- The student must propose to extend the study permit at least two months before the date of expiry of ITAS by contacting YARSI University’s Office for International Affairs.
- Duration of the Study Permit Application Process
After submission, the application for a Study Permit may take up to two weeks to be processed. Therefore, students must complete all the requirements and documents as early as possible.
- Length of Study Permit
The student has the option of requesting a one- or two-year Study Permit. Your Temporary Stay Visa (ITAS) length will be determined by the terms of this Study Permit.
- Requirements for a new study permit
- APPLYING FOR A VISA TO STUDY IN INDONESIA
The type of visa for international students is the Temporary Stay visa, Index Number C316.
- Study Permit from the Minister of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology YARSI University will apply for this Study Permit on your behalf after all the necessary documents are submitted to the Office for International Affairs of
- Color scan of passport, including the ID page and the page in front of it, with validity: a minimum of 30 months for foreigners who will attend education for a maximum of two years; and a minimum of 18 months for those who will attend education for a maximum of one year.
- Bank statement for the last three months prior to submission.
- Proof of insurance ownership by an insurance company incorporated in Indonesia includes health financing while the foreigner is in Indonesian territory.Travel medical insurance is not mandatory for entering Indonesia but is strongly recommended. Therefore, prospective students should be aware of unexpected expenses related to travel and health during their stay in Indonesia. Prospective students who decide not to buy Indonesian travel medical insurance should sign a statement of ability and willingness to bear all health costs while in Indonesia. Download.
YARSI University is not affiliated with any insurance company, but here are some options that students can choose from:
- Passport photo, with specifications:
- File format: *.JPEG.
- 100kb to 200kb in size.
- Solid white background.
- Photos taken within the last six months.
- Not the result of editing or image processing.
- Two copies of 4×6 cm-colored photographs
- Evidence of having received the total dose of the COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna, Sinovac, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Jhonson, Sinophram)
- Letter of declaration of willingness to follow all applicable health protocols in Indonesia.The template can be downloaded here.
To get a Temporary Stay visa, the prospective student can apply through the visa-online.imigration.go.id website by filling in the data and uploading the required documents. Please note that the fee for a visa application may vary depending on the length of stay in Indonesia.
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH THE OFFICE FOR INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS OF YARSI UNIVERSITY VIA EMAIL
FOR THE ARRANGEMENT OF YOUR STUDY PERMIT AND VISA